A TALE OF TWO CITIES
The Years of the Beloved ﷺ
Online Summer Program – 2021
This page is private and may not be shared.
The following resources will afford you full access to the course.
Please save this page for your own reference.
Salām ʿalaykum. We warmly welcome you to our Online Sīrah Program, “A TALE OF TWO CITIES | The Years of the Beloved ﷺ.” Your presence among us is an invaluable blessing and we look forward to hosting you all from the comfort of your own homes. Please use this document as a reference for all the links and resources you will need to gain full access to our program. The details below are private and must not be shared with anyone who has not registered for the program. Please read carefully, as the answers to frequently asked questions are herein provided.
- Join our WhatsApp group via THIS LINK in order to receive important notifications before and during the program, including potential modifications to the program schedule. This will be our primary mode of communication as opposed to email.
- Our live sessions are available through Zoom via THIS LINK, and the password is summer.
- All sessions will be uploaded and accessible for later viewing on Lanturna’s YouTube channel via THIS LINK.
- On Aug 16, we will conduct our Vanguard session, which will serve as your opportunity to synthesize and personalize the knowledge you have gained from the course, while developing an original presentation that you may share with your family and community. Instructions will be shared via WhatsApp, so be sure to accept our invitation above at no. 1.
- You may download the course booklet via THIS LINK.
- You may share your own reflections, insights, and pictures using the hashtag #LanturnaSummer2021 on Facebook and Instagram.
- The required text for this course is “Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources” by Martin Lings, which must be read in its entirety by the end of the program. Rest assured, it is a quick and enjoyable read and each chapter is roughly five pages long. Please refer to the charts below for reading goals. You may order the book from one of our partners, MeccaBooks, via THIS LINK; the discount code exclusive to our students is Lanturna, which may be used across the site. Alternatively, you may also order it from Amazon Prime to receive it sooner at THIS LINK. Commence reading the book immediately so as to keep ahead in the reading.
PLEASE READ THROUGH EACH TAB CAREFULLY