LANTURNA’S RAMADAN RETREAT
AND MONTH-LONG EVENING PROGRAM
WELCOME & ORIENTATION
This page is private and may not be shared.
The following resources will afford you full access to the course.
Please save this page for your own reference.
Salām ʿalaykum. We warmly welcome you to our Ramadan Retreat and month-long evening program. Your presence among us is an invaluable blessing and we look forward to hosting you all from the comfort of your own homes. Please use this document as a reference for all the links and resources you will need to gain full access to our program. The details below are private and must not be shared with anyone who has not registered for the program. Please read carefully, as the answers to frequently asked questions are herein provided.
- Join our WhatsApp group via THIS LINK in order to receive important notifications before and during the program, including potential modifications to the program schedule. This will be our primary mode of communication as opposed to email.
- Our live sessions are available through Zoom via THIS LINK, and if prompted, the password is ramadan. Should you have trouble gaining access to our sessions, then please check your notifications and spam folders for an email from Zoom containing the link to our meetings. To avoid having to register anew for each session, use the link in the email that Zoom has sent to you.
- Sunday’s breakout sessions, The Prophet’s Fast ﷺ, will be accessible to Ḥanafī students via THIS LINK and to Shāfiʿī students via THIS LINK. If prompted, the password for both links is ramadan. Mālikī students will meet using the Zoom link for our retreat in no. 2 above.
- Please fill out our Google document via THIS LINK to indicate your school of thought.
- All sessions will be uploaded and accessible for later viewing on Lanturna’s YouTube channel via THIS LINK.
PLEASE READ THROUGH EACH TAB CAREFULLY
Last Tuesday, Apr 6, we held a special session in preparation for our retreat with El-Hajj Hisham Mahmoud: FASTING | The Pillar of Abstinence. Viewing is required, preferably before Friday, as part of the retreat.
Be sure to download Imam al-Ghazzālī’s Chapter on Fasting for your reference, al-Rātib al-Shahīr, which we shall read throughout the retreat, and the text respective to your school of thought for our special sessions on the Prophet’s Fast ﷺ. Be sure to fill out our Google Document as well.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHERE IS THE SCHEDULE?
Please refer to the tab section above to access the program description and schedule, as well as testimonials.
WHAT TIME ZONE DOES THE SCHEDULE FOLLOW?
All sessions will accord with Eastern Time.
WILL ALL SESSIONS BE RECORDED?
All sessions will be uploaded after each session to a private YouTube playlist for convenient viewing later.
ARE SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE?
Lanturna is committed to never turn anyone away due to financial constraint, and partial scholarships are available for those who apply. Request a scholarship below.
CAN I SPONSOR MORE THAN ONE STUDENT?
May Allah bless you and increase His blessing upon you. You may sponsor any number of students with any amount that you have in mind.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE AN ORIENTATION EMAIL?
A confirmation page will open once you register with all the resources you will need to access our program. The contents of this page will also be sent as a welcome email one week before the retreat. Please be sure to check your spam or notifications folders if our email does not show up in your inbox.
WHAT IS THE REGISTRATION FEE?
The registration fee will appear in the window that opens when you click the “Register” button.
WHERE MAY I DIRECT FURTHER INQUIRIES?
Your inquiries are welcomed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT LANTURNA EVENTS?
You may subscribe to our calendar, follow us on Facebook and Instagram, or join our mailing list. Be sure as well to join us every evening for our communal recitation of Sūrat al-Mulk and Qurʾan Circle at 9 pm ET via Lanturna.com/Ramadan.